Welcome to my Program Learning Outcomes Assignment. My name is Marina Morgan and I am pursuing a Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science in Web Programming and Information Architecture career pathway at the San José State University School of Information.
I am the Metadata Librarian at Florida Southern College. Before coming to Florida Southern College, I taught a wide range of metadata and cataloging courses in Canada at Seneca College Library and Information Technician Program in Toronto, ON, and at Mohawk College Library and Information Technician Program in Hamilton, ON.
My research interests focus on scholarly communication, digital initiatives, and enrichment of metadata for digital and physical collections. I am actively involved in scholarly research and have contributed to the library profession through presentations, peer reviewed posters, and papers at various national and international conferences. I am also active professionally in the following state and national committees:
- Member of the Metadata Working Group - Sunshine State Digital Network (SSDN)
- Member of the Program Planning Committee - Library and Information Technology Association (LITA)
- Co-Vice Chair of the Catalog Management Interest Group, Cataloging and Metadata Management Section, Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS)
- LITA representative of the Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) / Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS) Metadata Standards Committee
- Incoming Convener (2019-20) / Convener (2020-21) for the Association of College & Research Libraries Technical Services Interest Group