INFO 246 - Information Technology Tools and Applications - Advanced Topic
Web Frameworks with Bootstrap
I took this 1-unit course during the Spring 2019 semester. This course covered setting up a Web Framework with Bootstrap, as well as ways of using Bootstrap layout and navigation techniques, images, forms, tables, and customizing websites within the Bootstrap framework to create a responsive web site.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of various classes that are used to implement a web site with Bootstrap.
- Analyze the requirements of a computer web application and, using Bootstrap, implement the steps needed for a correct solution.
For this course there was no final project, however each week we had an assignment where we had to put in practice building web pages using Bootstrap techniques. Here are some examples:
- Basic Bootstrap constructs (responsive example 1, example 2)
- Bootstrap Grid system (responsive example 1, example 2)
- Responsive images, tables, and forms using Bootstrap (responsive example 1, example 2)
- Cards, carousels, and navs/navbars using Bootstrap (responsive example 1, example 2, example 3)
By taking this course I became proficient in using various classes that are used to implement a web site with Bootstrap and evaluating steps needed for creating a Responsive Web site.